These are our top 10 tips that will reduce your gas bills:
- Insulate your home. This has to be at the top of the list when it comes to reducing your gas bills. Did you know that if you have hollow walls, installing installation will reduce your gas bills because you won’t need the heater as often or on as high? If your walls are solid, you can add installation to your roof.
- Turn down your temperature by 5 degrees. This can have a huge impact. The slight decrease can save you big bucks in the long run.
- Use door stoppers to stop cold air entering the house. This will keep you warm indoors. Close the curtains at night. This can stop warm air from escaping at night.
- Turn off appliances at the PowerPoint when they are not in use.
- Reduce the number of baths you have. Showers use less water than spas and baths. Time your showers too.
- Change your appliances. Purchasing environmentally friendly appliances can reduce your energy bills.
- Keep saucepans covered when cooking. Trapping the heat means food cooks faster, water boils quicker and you use less energy.
- Use energy-saving light bulbs.
- Wear an extra layer of clothing to keep warm.
- Ensure your boiler.
For more information about Gas plumber in Perth, contact us at (08) 9454 9755